#242: Your child catches him cheating.
- Niall: “Dad!” He called out excitedly gripping his new won trophy ready to show it off, “…what the fuck?” He muttered the excitement vanishing from his voice as he stared straight ahead with knitted brows. “What…what are you doing dad? Who the hell is this?” He asked letting the trophy slip from his hand crashing to the spot beside his foot as he watched his father separate himself from the half naked woman in their living room. Niall let out a nervous sigh running his hand quickly through his hair, “S’not what it looks like Caleb.” He spoke under his breath as the woman began to redress hurriedly, stumbling as she struggled slipping into her tight jeans. Caleb let out a dry laugh with a nod of his head, “Really dad? M’not a little boy anymore yeah. You’re fucking her aren’t you?” Caleb questioned although he was aware of the answer, he could tell just from the look on his father’s face and his expression hardened, “What about mum dad?” He pressed stepping closer to Niall with his fist tightened. “Cal…” Niall whispered as he watched the woman slip past him with her shoes in hand. “Dad just…just go okay. When mum gets in I’ll tell her you had t work late…don’t come back tonight.” Caleb advised staring his father in the eye.
- Harry: Charlie sat in the car silently with her eyes trained straight ahead at the car in front of them, “Alright Charles?” Harry asked with a raised brow glancing over at her but he didn’t receive an answer back. “Did I miss something?” He pressed this time not looking over at her and she shrugged her shoulders. “I know dad.” She mumbled pulling at a loose string on her shirt causing Harry to sneak a peek at her with furrowed brows. “I know what you’re doing dad.” She continued to speak quietly letting her head lightly thump against the window. “Charlie…what are you going on about?” He asked still unclear what she claimed to know. “Yesterday I…I saw you with another woman when I was with Aubrey.” She responded only causing Harry’s eyes to widen but he didn’t allow his eyes to wander over to his daughter. “You’re cheating on mum dad…for—for how long dad?” She asked letting her eyes shut as she felt them slightly glaze over. Clearing his throat, “A few months…” He admitted and she let out a small sigh. “Tell mum,” She mumbled as the car pulled up to her school and she gathered her bag before slipping out the car, “or I will dad.” She added before shutting the car door harder than she needed to.
- Zayn: “Who’s that?” Gavin questioned as he approached the car with his gym back hanging off his shoulder letting his eyes follow after the woman who’d just left the car. “Just a old friend of mine.” Zayn shrugged shooting him a quick smile before starting the car. “Yeah? I’ve seen you two together a lot…” Gavin’s voice trailed off as he tossed his back in the back. “How was practice?” Zayn asked completely ignoring what Gavin was suggesting. “Was alright…does mum know your friend too?” He asked with a raised brow and Zayn let out a sigh turning the car off. “Why are we even talking about this?” Zayn mumbled running his hand over his face as Gavin shrugged. “Just don’t want my mum to end up hurt…again.” He whispered with his jaw clenched as he stared over at Zayn with narrowed eyes. “Are you sleeping with that one?” He asked motioning with his thumb out the window in the direction the woman had left in. “Because if you are dad s’over…I want nothing to do with you.” Gavin threatened, “M’positive mum would want nothing to do with you either not after the first time.” He finished not waiting for his father’s response before stepping out the car. “Think I’d rather walk home than sit in the car with you.” He spoke under his breath with a shake of his head.
- Louis: Sophie absentmindedly scrolled through her father’s phone in search of the pictures he snapped of her baby brother taking his first steps. Her breath trapped in her throat once she’d come across a picture of Louis locking lips with a woman who clearly wasn’t her mum. She glanced over her shoulder at her parents smiling brightly at one another as they admired little Tommo taking a few steps before dropping on his diaper-covered bum and her gaze returned to the picture. “Did you find the pictures yet? There’s a video too.” Louis said cheerfully as he approached her but she only shook her head in response. “Couldn’t find em…but here.” She mumbled pushing his phone back into his hands. Louis glanced down at the phone nearly dropping it in the process once noticing the picture she’d been staring at. Sophie rose from her seat not able to look her father in the eye as she stepped away from him, “Mum I’ll be back later yeah…forgot I was meeting Jace at the mall.” She said forcing a smile as she placed her lips quickly to her mum and her brother. “I can give you a ride there.” Louis said with hope in his voice, he needed to talk, to explain himself to Sophie. “No thanks…I can walk.”
- Liam: Andy’s eyes filled with tears as he watched his father sloppily kiss the woman on her lips a chuckle slipping past his lips as he watched her get back into her car, driving off seconds later. Andy looked up to his dad, worshipped him better yet. His father never did anything wrong in his eyes, but that night Andy knew his father was doing wrong. Liam sauntered into the house a stupid smile still on his lips before he caught sight of Andy staring blankly out the window. “What are you still doing up little man? S’really late.” Liam asked flopping down on the couch beside his son. “M’not little anymore dad…I'm 14 now.” Andy mumbled just like he did every time Liam called him ‘little man’ and Liam let out a chuckle ruffling Andy’s hair a bit before Andy knocked his hand away causing Liam to furrow his brows. “Why are you…” “Who were you just with dad?” Andy cut him off still staring out in the direction of the car that took off. “Why were you just kissing that woman dad?” Andy whispered resting his forehead against the cool window. “Do—do you not want to be with mum anymore?”